CARALUZZI'S WINE & SPIRITS
Whether you are having a formal event like a wedding or a casual backyard barbecue, we can help you decide how much wine, beer, and spirits you are going to need. We can also order kegs of your favorite brews in a variety of sizes. Our party planning calculator below is a great tool, if you need more help our staff is here to assist!
Deciding what to buy and how much can be confusing. Our party planning calculator makes it easy. Make sure to choose a variety of wine and beer. For wine include red, white, and even sparkling. For beer include IPAs, Lagers, and Ales. If you are having a smaller gathering and are serving liquor, try choosing a signature cocktail for the evening.
Just remember, party planning is both a science and an art. You know your guests. Some may be lighter drinkers while others may be heavier drinkers. It's always better to have too much rather than to little refreshments.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing
- Your guests' personal tastes: Are they into keggers where the only necessity is that beer flows all night? Do they love to show off their latest vintage wine when you attend a dinner party at their home? Maybe you're hosting a foodie crowd who gets easily excited by the newest, trendiest cocktails when you hit the bars together.
- Your menu: Consider your audience, but what your guests are used to shouldn't immediately dictate what you choose to serve. You should select beverages based on your menu and type of party. However, it will give you a hint as to what the volume of drinking should be if you offer a variety.
- Who's behind the bar: If you plan to hire a bartender, a full bar will be manageable. But if you'll be mixing drinks all night for your guests, you'll want to simplify your offerings to make your hosting job easier. Remember: it's your party, you want to have fun too!
- The ages of your guests: If there will be lots of kids, plan on stocking up on juices, soft drinks, and water. Will there be many young men, fresh out of college? Then don't skimp on the beer. Is it an older, more sophisticated group? Be sure to lay in a good supply of wine and spirits.
- Try a signature beverage: This will add style to your party and can be a nice addition to a themed event. At the same time, it will keep your budget more manageable than the cost of stocking a full bar with alcohol, mixers, wine, and beer.
- Your partying schedule: If you entertain often, then it may pay to keep a fully stocked bar. Take inventory before your party to determine what extra beverages you'll need to purchase.
Please call to speak with one of our managers to help with your party planning, were glad to help!