Classic Mint Julep Cocktail Recipe
- 4 to 5 mint sprigs (leaves only)
- 2 sugar cubes (or 1/2 ounce simple syrup)
- 2 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- Garnish: mint sprig
- Place the mint leaves and sugar or simple syrup into a julep cup, collins glass, or double old-fashioned glass.
- Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and release the oil and aroma of the mint.
- Add the bourbon.
- Fill with crushed ice and stir well until the glass becomes frosty.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
- Serve with a straw and enjoy!