- 1/3 parts Demerara and Muscovado sugar syrup
- 1 part Jameson *rounded down 5 mls
- 1 part lightly whipped double cream
- 3 parts medium roasted espresso coffee
- 1 vanilla pod or cinnamon for garnish
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- Dissolve 2 parts Demerara sugar and 1 part Muscovado sugar in 3 parts of boiling water for the syrup.
- Stir sugar syrup into Jameson in a warmed glass.
- Whip chilled double cream lightly until it starts to stiffen.
- Brew a shot of coffee into the glass from your espresso machine.
- Reload and brew in a second shot.
- Pour the whipped cream into the coffee over the back of a spoon so it floats on top.
- Garnish with a trimmed vanilla pod or a stick of cinnamon and dust with a grating of fresh nutmeg.
Recipe courtesy of Jameson.